Responsible for defining product features necessary to create value for customers and the organization
- Provide a clear description and outline of product features for easy comprehension by the development team.
- Manage product backlog and backlog visibility in order to prioritize user stories for implementation.
- Set deadline for product development as well as release date for products.
- Collaborate with the marketing/sales department to obtain information useful in developing products that meet and exceed the requirements of customers.
- Conduct surveys and interact with product end users to identify highly desired product features or components.
- Participate in scrum meetings to give feedback on sprint achievement, as well as to set sprint goals and relay new user stories.
- Split big user stories and establish acceptance criteria for each user story.
- Analyze and study market trends to identify changes in consumer taste requirements.
- Analyze customer opinions and feedback to determine features or components that will add good value to a product
- Communicate with other internal product owners to exchange ideas on necessary product features.
- Experiment with a product to come up with valuable results.
- Maintain feedback channels concerning product
- Set up indicators to track the performance and value of products delivered to clients.
- Develop and implement action plans for building and sustaining demand for a product.
Standards and Procedures:
- Comply with standards and procedures in place for task delivery
- Adhere to policies and procedures that are compliant with industry and regulatory policies
- Check for compliance with all standards, policies and procedures
- Develops and maintains documentation of programs, user guides, policies and procedures
- Be confident, self-motivated and demonstrate a passionate commitment to the business.
- Be friendly, professional, honest, reliable and trustworthy.
- Have good working relationships with everyone you come into contact with at work, behaving in a friendly, courteous and professional way.
- Bring a positive attitude to work, co-operating closely with team members and other departments to ensure that Bank is the best it can be.
- Set a great example to new employees.
***As part of the Bank’s Information Security requirements, maintain the security of all Information entrusted to the staff and comply with the principles and policies in the Information Security Handbook
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND GRADE BAND
Below are qualifications and skills required to work as a Product Owner
Education: Minimum of First Degree in degree in Computer Science, Business Management or related disciplines. Training and certification as a professional scrum product owner (PSPO), certified scrum product owner (CSPO) or related field would be an advantage
Specialized knowledge: Minimum of 2-3years cognate experience
- Have ability to optimally utilize available resources
- Able to deliver on task within approved time frame
- Ability to lead a team and shoulder responsibility for their improvement
- Must be able to negotiate with other stakeholders to ensure the Bank achieves the best outcome from possible scenarios
- Should be goal driven
- Ability to identify, meet and follow through with client’s needs and requirements.
- Must be a self-starter, problem-solver and a goal-oriented team player.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Technology savvy and highly innovative.